Friday, January 1, 2016

Reflections and resolutions

2015 is dunzo...and I'm looking forward to the clean slate of 2016. I'm not sure why that is, the change of a calendar shouldn't really change a thing and 2015 was filled with so many good times and adventures, but also a bunch of stuff that was extraordinarily hard. I learnt a lot about myself in the past year and equally about the peeps around me. A bunch of you had my back, and when I needed it gave me guidance, support, advice, a bed, hugs, and just listened. I'm a pretty lucky gal.

And here I am now in China, far away from mostly everyone, but just shy of six months I think I've found my groove. My China little yellow house (well great big apartment) is often full of friends and laughter and comfortable conversations. It also helps that I've had so many people visit - it's really hard to feel that lonely when you know your friends are on their way and you get to share your new little world and make China adventures together. 

And while I'm not usually one for New Years resolutions, this year I'm going to stop thinking about what could have been and focus on what is. I'm going to learn a new language, and try and not get too frustrated about all the 'so China' things. I'm going to paint and draw my little heart out and be kind to myself. 

Here's to laughing a lot, crying a little bit, and having fun in 2016 (and wishing for more sunny days like this one from 1st January 2016). 

No comments:

Post a Comment