Friday, March 28, 2014

Temporada

I want to like this place, I really do. The fit out is lovely. Great tiles, high ceilings, industrial look mixed with a kind of bistro feel. 

The food is good, actually it is better than good. But you know, the food needs to be pretty amazing to make up for the service. Drinks forgotten more than once, food we didn't order brought to the table two times - and then trying to place an order? Near impossible. 

What may even be more unforgivable? Bad cocktails. The first time I visited both drinks were pretty average. A nectarine drink which was way too sweet and my sherry cocktail just…well…passable. On the second visit, my drink was alright, but an entire cocktail was left on the table nearly untouched. How do you stuff up a bunch of liquor that is placed in a jam jar anyways?

I'll forgive haphazard service in a few places in Canberra, I'll even forgive bad cocktails in a place with a good wine list. But Temporada - I suspect I'm not going to get a third time lucky with so many other good places around. Give me a Scarlet Johansson and a night at 86 any day. 











No comments:

Post a Comment