Saturday, November 16, 2013

Hippo Bar






So anyone who knows me well, would know that my special categories in life are cocktails and sparkling wine (champagne, cava, prosecco...you name it I'll drink it). And I have to say the newly refurbed Hippo Bar is impressing me with their new cocktail menu. A few nights ago I had one of the best Negroni's there ever was to have. Aged in an oak cask. I'm not sure what exactly that does - but it is bloody amazing. 

Then last night, the Louisiana Hook became my new favourite. Apple, mint, gin and a frozen sphere of Campari. I drank two. The Tennesee Julep  served in an enamel mug was a good mix of sweet and dry, but my money is on Louisiana this summer. I think I'll be spending a fair bit of time with the friendliest bar staff in Canberra, amazing playlist (think America late 50's - 60's), amongst the cosy wood panelled room - complete with deer heads. New Hippo, you are my kind of bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment