Tuesday, January 29, 2013

I'll look for you if I'm ever back this way

So today was a sad day for one of my gypsy friends and her family...but in that sadness I learned about a man I didn't know. A man of contradictions with a complicated soul and a damn fine taste in music. A man who was a gun at the guitar and mastered the speedway like a champion. Liked, admired and loved but not without his flaws. I knew that bit already and it is amazing how so much can be forgiven in life and death. Equally astounding is the amount of wisdom and poetic words that can come from an ordinary man. 


Even in the ordinary there is the extraordinary, and I guess that's what is so good about life. We all live our day to day lives the same, but somehow we are different and interesting enough that we want to engage, discover and enjoy (or maybe it is we are so similar and that's our connection).

It is a joy to learn about snippets of history of those who are close to you, but bloody sad that it takes a day of loss to get there. We should share more stories about life and the living. 

Much love to my gypsy friend xx

No comments:

Post a Comment