Friday, October 5, 2012

Stephen Malkmus and the Jicks


So what about that time I made my friends drive with me to Sydney on a weeknight to see Pavement because I'd never ever seen them live before. We drove there and back in one night and I wrote about it  in this blog post . I'm pretty certain I didn't update the post when I remembered I had in fact seen Pavement at the Summersault festival in Sydney. Around the time they release Crooked Rain? Oops.

Well this time Stephen Malkmus came to Canberra. And one of those same friends made it his business to be sure I knew Stephen Malkmus was playing at Transit Bar. Teeny tiny transit bar. Last night. 

And it is nights like these that I remember why I love Canberra. Stephen Malkmus music only a ten minute drive from home. Park out the front. Bump into friends at the venue, like you would in a place where you live (so maybe that means I am from Canberra now?). Gotta also love and a friend who hands over fifty bucks to be my 'wing man'.

I wonder if Stephen Malkmus made his friends drive to Canberra and back in one night? Even if he did I bet he didn't have a wing man.

No comments:

Post a Comment