Friday, August 10, 2012

Salted Caramel Sauce

Firstly I'd like to say sorry that I didn't make this when I was supposed to last week. It meant to accompany a great apple cake recipe I'd just made up.

Secondly I'd like to say sorry I didn't take a photo of the cake - or write the recipe down.

Thirdly I'd like to say sorry that when I did get around to making this salted caramel sauce I didn't take a photo of it either. But I do remember how I made it:

I put a cup of sugar with 1/4 cup of water and boiled it up for a while - about 5 minutes until it went brown. Don't stir it and don't burn it!

Take it off the boil and whisk in 3/4 cup cream, 3 1/2 tablespoons butter and 1 big teaspoon of sea salt. Try not to eat it every night of the week until its gone....I made half measurements of this but it only lasted 3 nights. Not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment