Saturday, May 12, 2012

Top 100 - Hey Baby I Wanna Know If You Would Be My Girl, DJ Otzi # 62



Story by Geeta


Hey baby I wanna know if you would be my girl.
This is not my favourite song. But it is etched in memory. Standing in the shadows of the Maribyrnong Primary school hall I tried to focus on the children in front of me. In the bright flickering disco lights and the crowds around me it was indeed hard. It was nearing the end of disco night and I was there to pick up the kids.
Suddenly the music blared, the song was on. For some reason none of the children hit the dance floor except this young boy. He was in the mood- swinging, dancing with a lively abandon and moving in sync with the music. He seemed oblivious to the fact he was alone on the floor, keen on living in the moment, egged on by the cheering crowds. He danced with gusto and a perfection that was unbelievable.
The song ended and he received a thundering applause. He knew he had entertained the crowds he stood in the middle taking it all in waiting for it to happen all over again.
That night I learnt my son could bring the house down without saying a single word.





No comments:

Post a Comment