Sunday, April 22, 2012

Top 100 - Moon River, Frank Sinatra #23


Story by Cathy

This song reminds me of happy easy times when a lovely bar manager called Dennis would allow my young somewhat insane gothically inclined friends to stay in the Agincourt pub in Sydney after closing hours, drink black russians and sing along with the jukebox to very uncool songs (well from their perspective anyway...).

For me, it has also come to symbolise the importance of good friends and what friendship can really mean.

I have a very clear memory of this song from being overseas travelling around Europe without my parents for the first time. I was walking through the cobblestone streets of Potsdam in Germany having escaped my hostel full of 20 law students (urgh), and there was a busker playing Moon River in the moonlight. It was so beautiful but I also suddently desperately wanted to be at home.

Artwork by Karin






No comments:

Post a Comment