Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Top 100 - All Together Now, The Farm # 11




Story by David

It wasn't an easy choice to make by any means and I could have made a case for any one of about a hundred songs but this means something to me on more than one level. First of all it will always remind me of our wedding - far more than any of the music we actually picked for it in fact. As well as that it also reminds me of several of my oldest friends. You will also be aware that this was also the day when we first properly met I suppose so the connection to you made it an obvious choice. Finally I loved the music from this era and most of my all time favourite bands were around during the second summer of love and the strong anti-war sentiment that this song invokes has always struck a chord with me.

Artwork by Karin





2 comments:

  1. Nice one Karin and Dave - great story and song. It's also Palchabel's Canon yeah! Copyright expired luckily! PvV

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't noticed that listening to it the other day - but now that you mention it...

    ReplyDelete