Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Top 100 - Tracy Jacks by Blur # 2



Story by Lucy
My song is Tracy Jacks by Blur.  I was given the Parklife CD for Christmas in 1994... (or maybe it was actually 1995) from my Dad.  Being a 7 or 8 year old girl, Blur wasn't my usual choice of music.  Dad seemed to be very keen on the band and on me taking an interest in their music too.  So, being a gift from my Dad, I listened to it over and over and over and over again.  I loved the whole album but in particularly, I loved Tracy Jacks.  I don't know why I loved that song more, maybe it was the beat and that I found some of the lyrics funny.

So, Tracy Jacks reminds me of Christmas 1995, running around my house in Weetangera with my all of my family (one of the last years that happened) and being happy with life.  It reminds me of spending time with my Dad and laughing at silly things.  It reminds me of summer nights and barbeques with friends and family.  It reminds be of electric blue nail polish and it reminds me of golf.  Tracy Jacks was a golfing fanatic.

Artwork by Karin






No comments:

Post a Comment