Sunday, August 21, 2011

Yesterday I accidently thought of you

I didn't mean to do it. I was driving home and I thought about playing scrabble, and then I thought about the time I played scrabble with the gypsies. 


We were all sitting around drinking tea, must have been a year ago, and I opened up the box to get out the tiles. Underneath the board and scrabble bits were the scores from a game long ago, with your writing and mine. Unexpected and weird, but such a small thing and a big thing all at once.


And thats how my mind came to ticking through the past, via thinking about a fucking game of scrabble. It's unexpected and not very helpful actually. It isn't even about you and I anymore, because it's good you're happy and successful and the rest of it - right now it's more about me and that I'm still here...nothing changed, just here with the dog, in a little yellow house.


I think I need to shake things up a little.



2 comments:

  1. Oh, and I know you're OK now but I just wanted to add look at all that you've created and all the exhibitions you've had and all the entertaining you've done. That all looks pretty damn successful to me.

    And don't underestimate the value of coming home to the dog in the little yellow house.

    That said, no harm in shaking things up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True about the dog - I need to get some of his enthusiasm . After 12 years STILL excited to see me!

    ReplyDelete