Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Top 100 - how this thing works

Most songs tell a story, for both the songwriter and the listener. Songs end up forming a soundtrack to events in your life. You know what it is like - hearing a particular song can trigger a memory, a thought, or an emotion.

So many songs are important to me, that I can't even begin to pick. So here is the cop out bit. I want to see which songs are important to you, and hear the story behind them. Then I'm going to paint the crap out of that story and song, and we will all go to a gallery space* and drink cheap sparking wine, listen to the music and say which bits of art we like.

So this is top 100, I want 100 songs with 100 stories.

It doesn’t have to be your favourite song, but it should be an important song, a song that represents a little snapshot of your life.

Email your song and its story to theyellowhouseintheu@gmail.com

Then watch the blog for your part of the top 100.

* I know I said I'd never do the Front again...so if anyone has any bright ideas make it happen for me. Thanks

1 comment:

  1. I'll have to dig up the page I wrote up years ago for the old sevslist. We were invited to write about the 10 (or 12) songs that *influenced* us the most. Not necessarily favourites, rather songs that were in some way important to us, just like you are describing here.

    So I so want to contribute something to this.

    ReplyDelete