Saturday, May 7, 2011

Lesson not learnt really...because I'm still talking about it here!

A few weeks ago, I learnt a lesson. That lesson is to not write something on this blog, even in jest, if it wasn't something I felt comfortable joking with the person about. Why? Because, what a surprise - the person in question stumbled across said piece.

They took it well - but I was mortified! And a little silly to think that while not many people read this blog, that it wouldn't stop people finding that it was attached to me!

I think that was the bit that freaked me out the most. That someone who knew me through someone else was reading through these bits and bobs and getting to know a bit about me. Which is fine, but a bit weird at the same time.

Does that make sense? Not really because I just re-read that and it isn't true exactly. I love that people whom I don't know very well get to know me through the yellow house. So - I'll put it out there...what I'm talking about is my ex and his girlfriend.

I'm not surprised for him to read it every now and then, but I never considered she might take a peak. I found that weird. But at the same time felt a bit dumb, because if I found out she had a blog I would most likely have a look. But then I've never looked to see if she does have a blog so really I probably wouldn't.

I'll shut up now.


1 comment:

  1. Ah well, life in the modern era and teh internets (as the young kids call it these days). Blogs and stalking, who'd have thunk it?

    Ahem. Yes, well. It does seem a little weird though the curiosity is understandably tempting. *I* felt a bit weird following your blog at first, but at least I let you know about it. (Big Brother is watching your blog.)

    Still, I feel your embarrassment.

    ReplyDelete