Tuesday, February 1, 2011

52 Books in 52 weeks - # 2 Sizzling Sixteen

From one extreme to another.

A Fine Balance - a sensitive, beautiful novel...to, how should I put it? A piece of crap that you can read in one sitting (which is pretty much why it was read next. I'm not dumbs. It is February and I'm only up to book two).

Don't get me wrong - I love Janet Evanovich. Trashy trashy reads. Formula writing about Stephanie Plum the bounty hunter. Will she fall for steady, reliable Morelli, or succumb to the dangerous Ranger's charms? Or will Janet write another 27 books where both relationships remain unresolved, but there is still enough spark for the reader to read the next book (just in case Stephanie finally flipping decides which man she will settle with).

Actually when you think about it, Stephanie is a little skinny, pony tailed tramp.

I'm sorry - next time I'll read something a little more high brow.

PS - the book I read was written in normal size print. Promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment