Sunday, October 4, 2009

I ♥ the internet

Do you know what? The internet has impeccable timing.

It was only this evening that I was trying to explain to a friend how I felt about...well pretty much everything. And let me tell you, it wasn't positive. I wasn't very good at articulating it to her - so to clear things up here, lets just say I pretty much felt like everything was fucked.

I could not put my finger on it, but there were tears throughout the last week. Stupid ones out of nowhere. Like on the way to work. All of a sudden I'd be crying, and I wasn't even playing Do You Realize. All week people were telling me I looked tired, I looked terrible, I looked like I had a mullet. I don't think I was sleeping well and I was reminiscing about every person in my life who is living outside of Canberra, just so I could punish myself more in what was already a precarious emotional situation. Plus I thought a lot about my dog dying. Have I painted the picture for you?

And tonight - out of the blue, the internet gave me a wonderful gift. In my little inbox was a beautiful, and generous email from a person who had not only taken the time to read this blog from start to finish, but also take the time to write me an email. Not just any old email, but one full of encouragement and kind words.

I'd like to thank that person for the email, and also thank whoever is reading this blog right now. I like to write stuff and draw things, but it makes it better knowing you are there to read and see it.

Thank you ♥ the yellow house in the U

No comments:

Post a Comment