Thursday, June 11, 2009

Wake Up Call


Just a note to say thank you for the early morning (4.57am) wake up call.  

It was lucky you did call, because when I went to find my phone in the dark I discovered Barney sitting very close to the fire. This wouldn't normally be an issue but he was drinking cognac and smoking a cigar whilst wearing (what looked to be) quite a flammable scarf. Actually the scarf looked really similar to the one you let me borrow last week....mind you I only caught a glimpse before the whole event went pear shaped. Seems I bumped him while running for the phone, the cognac spilt, sparks from the cigar....you'll be happy to know it seems that dog fur is not as highly flammable as silk scarves, and he is okay.

He did get a stern talking to about smoking inside. Because, quite frankly, that is just not on and I had no idea he got up to such hijinks while I slept. So to summarise, it is lucky you called.

1 comment:

  1. First of all; it was as much Timmy Goodluck's idea as it was mine.
    Secondly, that is a mean thing to do, I was trying to include you in the
    fun. Thridly, I am going to tell Sammy Fortune to put your DVD in his
    cat's litter tray, instead of helping you to get it back.

    My Christmas is ruined.

    ReplyDelete