Wednesday, May 27, 2009

For the love of Paris


So today I got my 'For the love of Paris' postcard in the mail.

It comes all the way from Slovenia, from an artist called Damien Hirst. On his website Damien says his purpose is to 'demystify everything that was mystified in the name of art.' I ended up buying the postcard because I was interested in the concept. Damien had an edition of 1 000 000 signed postcards available for 1€, or the same image painted on canvas (edition of 1) for 1.000.000€. I hope he sells the entire million.

If you had a recent break up, you got the card for free. I ended up with two because I paid for one when I didn't have to, and instead of just receiving one free card, I thought it would be fun to give the second card to someone else. Not sure how I'll do that just yet...




No comments:

Post a Comment